Here’s a super easy pasta recipe with limited ingredients. I put together the veggies and sauce on Thursday night and then added the pasta on Friday. When you have limited time, this is a great recipe to prepare in advance.
- 1 Lb broccoli rabe, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces uncooked fiori or fusilli pasta
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, rinsed and sliced into half moons
- 8 ounces chicken cutlets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino Roman cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped marjoram
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Immerse broccoli rabe in water 1 minute or until bright green. Remove with slotted spoon; place in towel to keep warm. Cover pot; bring water back to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Meanwhile heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil, garlic and leek. Cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Season chicken with 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to high and add chicken. Cook 2-3 minutes or until well-browned. Add broccoli rabe, chicken stock, crushed red pepper and remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken and vegetables 6 minutes or until tender and liquid has reduced by half.
- Drain pasta; transfer to serving dish. Top past with sauce; add cheese and marjoram, and toss to combine