This is an amazing and simple recipe for a refreshingly delicious juice! Watermelon is a summer fruit staple and not only does it taste delicious, but it helps a tremendous amount with the hydration process. If you’re missing going out and getting fun summer cocktails, try this. It tricks your mind into thinking you’re having a fancy watermelon beverage on a hot day at your favorite restaurant/bar, made by your favorite bartender!
- 1 Small, cold watermelon (rind & seeds removed)
- 4-6 Basil Leaves
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Cut the watermelon into quarters and then roughly chop each quarter into 2-inch pieces
- Fill a blender with watermelon chunks until it is halfway full
- Add the basile and lime juice to the blender
- cover and pule on low until the ingredients are mostly incorporated. Once incorporated, blend on high for 10-15 seconds
- Serve immediately
Recipe courtesy of the cooking section in the NY Times.